Air SOURCE HEAT PUMPS
HEAT YOUR HOME WITH ENERGY ABSORBED FROM THE AIR AROUND.
Air source heat pumps work by extracting heat from the outside air. It works in the same way that a fridge extracts heat from the inside. Air source heat pumps can extract heat from the air from temperatures as low as -15c. Heat pumps are run on electricity but the air source heat pump extracts energy from the ground, air or water and is constantly being renewed naturally.
THE BENEFITS OF AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMPS.
- RHI governments renewable heat incentive will provide you with an income.
- Lower fuel bills especially if you are replacing electric heating
- Reducing fuel bills
- No need for fuel deliveries therefore reducing carbon from fuel used by delivery lorries
- Plug and fit technology…very little maintenance
- Easier to install than a ground source heat pump though efficiency may be lower. Unlike conventional gas and oil boliers air source heat pumps deliver heat at lower temperatures over longer periods.
You may need to run the heat pump over longer periods through the winter months.
The radiators will not run as hot as gas boilers, but the air source heat pump will give a constant heat. Air source heat pumps are normally easier to install than ground source heat pumps but they are often less efficient than ground source heat pumps.
For more information please give us a call on 0800 133 7920.